The CGI program:|
on this server returns an ASCII catalog subset table.
- server: DBMS server holding catalog (see below).
- database: Database containing catalog (see below).
- catalog: Specific catalog table (see below).
- sql: Complete SQL SELECT statement to be run.
- polygon: Convex polygon of coordinate location strings,
separated by commas. Each coordinate location
can be a fully qualified coordinate with the
default assumed to be a pair of equatorial J2000
decimal degree numbers (e.g. 270. 45.).
- within: Radius for cone search
(with units or default to degrees).
- objstr: Object name or coordinate string for
cone search (fairly free-form).
What catalogs exist and what server and
database they belong to can be determined using the
IRSA Catalog Holdings List service. The fields of a specific
catalog can be determined using the IRSA Catalog Data Dictionary
The SQL statement must contain at least the SELECT and FROM
clauses and can contain a WHERE clause if desired (in addition to
or instead of the positional constraints).
polygon and within / objstr are mutually
exclusive. Neither are required, though in this case the SQL statement
should contain a WHERE clause.
The output table will be limited to 100,000 records.