Image and Spectrum Server (Atlas)
Many of the datasets served by IRSA consist of diverse and complex collections of images, source tables, spectra, or light curves. IRSA's Image and Spectrum Server (Atlas) can be used to search any data collection in a general and uniform manner. Below are the data collections currently available through Atlas.
|Spitzer:||SEIP | 5MUSES | Abell1763 | C2D | CLASH | Cygnus-X | DUSTiNGS | Disks_SH_spectra | FEPS | FIDEL | FLS | Frontier | GLIMPSE | GOALS | GOODS | IRS_Std | IUDF | LVL | MIPSGAL | MIPS_LG | S4G | S5 | SAGE | SAGE-SMC | SASS | SDWFS | SEP | SIMPLE | SINGS | SpUDS | SSGSS | SWIRE | Taurus|
|Herschel:||ACMC | DUNES | GOODS | HOP | HERITAGE | KINGFISH | PEP | VNGS|
|2MASS:||LGA | LH|
|IRAS:||EIGA | IGA | IRIS | ISSA | MIGA|
|More Data Sets:||BLAST | BOLOCAM | BOLOCAM_GPS | BRAVA | IRTS | MSX | MUSYC | NED | NExScI_PTI_KI | SWS | Scrapbook|
- Spitzer Enhanced Imaging Products (SEIP)
Image data from the Spitzer Enhanced Imaging Products: IRAC and MIPS-24 mosaics from the Spitzer cryogenic mission.
- 5 mJy Unbiased Spitzer Extragalactic Survey (5MUSES)
Spectra from the 5MUSES Cycle 4 Legacy Project: IRS spectra for 100 5MUSES galaxies.
Image data from the Abell1763 Contributed Data Set: IRAC, MIPS, and ancillary image mosaics and catalogs.
- From Molecular Cores to Planet-Forming Disks (C2D)
Images and spectra from the C2D Legacy Project: IRAC, MIPS, IRS, and BOLOCAM mosaics, spectra, and catalogs.
- Cluster Lensing and Supernova survey with Hubble (CLASH)
Image data from the CLASH Data Set: IRAC image mosaics and catalogs.
- Cygnus-X: A Spitzer Legacy Survey of the Cygnus-X Complex (Cygnus-X)
Images from the Cygnus-X Cycle 4 Legacy Project: IRAC and MIPS mosaics and photometry catalogs.
- Dust in Nearby Galaxies with Spitzer (DUSTiNGS)
Images from the DUSTiNGS Contributed Data Set: IRAC mosaics and source catalogs.
- Disks_SH_spectra (Disks_SH_spectra)
Spectra from the Disks_SH_spectra Contributed Data Set: IRS high resolution spectra of stellar disks in different evolutionary stages.
- Formation and Evolution of Planetary Systems (FEPS)
Images and spectra from the FEPS Legacy Project: IRAC and MIPS mosaics, IRS spectra, and catalogs
- Far-Infrared Deep Extragalactic Legacy Survey (FIDEL)
Image data from the FIDEL Legacy Project: MIPS image mosaics
- Spitzer First Look Survey (FLS) (FLS)
The Spitzer First Look Survey includes IRAC and MIPS mosaics plus a wide variety of ancillary data.
- Frontier Fields (Frontier)
Image data from the Frontier Fields Data Set: IRAC and MIPS image mosaics.
- Galactic Legacy Infrared Midplane Survey Extraordinaire (GLIMPSE)
Image data from the GLIMPSE Legacy Project: IRAC mosaics and catalogs.
- Great Observatories All-sky LIRG Survey (GOALS)
Image and spectra data from the GOALS Legacy III Project: IRAC and MIPS images, IRS spectra and spatial profiles for 202 GOALS galaxies.
- Great Observatories Origins Deep Survey (GOODS)
Image data from the GOODS Legacy Project: IRAC, MIPS, and HST-ACS mosaics and catalogs.
- Spectra of IRS Standard Stars (IRS_Std)
Spectra of the IRS standard stars.
- IRAC Ultra-Deep Field (IUDF)
Image data from the IUDF Exploration Science Project: IRAC mosaics.
- Local Volume Legacy Survey (LVL)
Image data from the LVL Cycle 4 Legacy Project: IRAC and MIPS images plus ancillary data for 258 galaxies.
- A 24 and 70 Micron Survey of the Inner Galactic Disk with MIPS (MIPSGAL)
Image data from the MIPSGAL Legacy Project: MIPS mosaics.
- MIPS Local Galaxies (MIPS_LG)
Image data from the MIPS Local Galaxies Contributed Data Set: MIPS image mosaics and catalogs.
- Spitzer Survey of Stellar Structure in Galaxies (S4G)
Image data from the S4G Cycle 6 Exploration Science Project: IRAC image mosaics for 2,352 S4G galaxies.
- Spitzer SDSS Statistical Spectroscopic Survey (S5)
Spectra from the S5 Cycle 5 Legacy Project: IRS spectra for 292 S5 galaxies.
- Surveying the Agents of a Galaxy's Evolution (SAGE)
Image and spectral data from the SAGE and SAGE-Spec Legacy Projects: IRAC and MIPS image mosaics and tiles, time stamp image mosaics, and IRS spectra .
- Surveying the Agents of a Galaxy's Evolution in the Tidally-Disrupted, Low-Metallicity Small Magellanic Cloud (SAGE-SMC)
Image data from the SAGE-SMC Cycle 4 Legacy Project: IRAC and MIPS image mosaics and tiles, along with time stamp image mosaics are available.
- Spitzer Atlas of Stellar Spectra (SASS)
Spectra from the SASS Legacy Project: IRS low-resolution spectra for 144 stars providing a complete sampling of the HR diagram.
- Spitzer Deep Wide-Field Survey (SDWFS)
Image data from the SDWFS Cycle 4 Legacy Project: four epochs ofIRAC mosaics and photometry catalogs.
- Spitzer MIPS 24 and 70 micron Imaging of the South Ecliptic Pole (SEP)
Image data from the SEP Program: MIPS image mosaics and catalogs.
- Spitzer IRAC/MUSYC Public Legacy Survey in the Extended Chandra Deep Field South (SIMPLE)
Images from the SIMPLE Cycle 2 Legacy Project: IRAC mosaics and photometry catalog.
- Spitzer Infrared Nearby Galaxies Survey (SINGS)
Image and spectra from the SINGS Legacy Project: IRAC, MIPS, and ancillary mosaics and IRS spectra.
- Spitzer Public Legacy Survey of the UKIDSS Ultra Deep Survey (SpUDS)
Images from the SpUDS Cycle 4 Legacy Project: Deep IRAC and MIPS 24 micron mosaics.
- Spitzer SDSS Galaxy Spectroscopic Survey (SSGSS)
Spectra from the SSGSS Cycle 3 Legacy Project: IRS spectra for 101 SSGSS galaxies.
- Spitzer Wide-area InfraRed Extragalactic Survey (SWIRE)
Image data from the SWIRE Legacy Project: IRAC, MIPS, and ancillary mosaics and catalogs.
- Taurus 2: Finishing the Spitzer Map of the Taurus Molecular Clouds (Taurus)
Image data from the Taurus Legacy III Project: IRAC and MIPS images mosaics, along a source catalog.
- Auriga-California Molecular Cloud (ACMC)
Image data from the ACMC Data Set: PACS and SPIRE image mosaics and catalogs.
- Dust Around Nearby Stars (DUNES)
Image data from the DUNES Data Set: PACS and SPIRE image mosaics and catalogs.
- Herschel Great Observatories Origins Deep Survey (GOODS)
Image data from the GOODS Data Set: PACS and SPIRE image mosaics and catalogs.
- HERschel Inventory of The Agents of Galaxy Evolution (HERITAGE)
Image data from the HERITAGE Data Set: PACS and SPIRE image mosaics and catalogs.
- Herschel Oxygen Project (HOP)
Spectral data from the HOP Data Set: HIFI spectra.
- Key Insights on Nearby Galaxies: A Far-Infrared Survey with Herschel (KINGFISH)
Image data from the KINGFISH Data Set: PACS and SPIRE image mosaics.
- PACS Evolutionary Probe (PEP)
Image data from the PEP Data Set: PACS and SPIRE image mosaics and catalogs.
- Very Nearby Galaxy Survey (VNGS)
Image data from the VNGS Data Set: PACS and SPIRE image mosaics.
- 2MASS Large Galaxy Atlas (LGA)
Image data from the 2MASS Large Galaxy Atlas.
- 2MASS 6X Lockman Hole (LH)
Image data from the "Deep 2MASS Survey of the Lockman Hole" Contributed Data Set.
- Extended IRAS Galaxy Atlas (EIGA)
An extension of the original IRAS Galaxy Atlas (IGA) to b = 6.7°. High resolution images at 60 µm and 100 µm have been produced to match the latitude coverage of radio continuum observations obtained as part of the Canadian Galactic Plane Survey (CGPS).
- IRAS Galaxy Atlas (IGA)
A high resolution image atlas of the Galactic plane at 60 and 100 microns has been produced using the Infrared Astronomical Satellite (IRAS) data. The HIRES program was developed by the Infrared Processing and Analysis Center (IPAC) to produce high resolution (~ 1 arcmin) images from IRAS data using the Maximum Correlation Method (H.H. Aumann, J.W. Fowler and M. Melnyk, 1990, Astronomical Journal, 99, 1674). Retrieve IRAS point sources and multiple IGA images covering a large area.
- Improved Reprocessing of the IRAS Survey (IRIS)
IRIS is a new generation of Infrared Astronomical Satellite (IRAS) images, which benefits from better zodiacal light subtraction and destriping. Reprocessed FITS files from all 4 original IRAS HCONs are served, as well as the co-added image maps (HCON 0).
- IRAS Sky Survey Atlas (ISSA)
A survey of 98% of the sky in four bands with effective wavelengths of 12, 25, 60 and 100 µm, which was done during a ten month period from January to November, 1983, using the Infrared Astronomical Satellite (IRAS). Retrieve multiple FITS images from ISSA, covering a large area.
- Mid-Infrared Galaxy Atlas (MIGA)
A high resolution image atlas of the Galactic plane at 12 µm and 25 µm, produced using the HIRES processed infrared data from the Infrared Astronomical Satellite (IRAS). It is a counterpart to the far-infrared IRAS Galaxy Atlas (IGA) and the Extended IRAS Galaxy Atlas (EIGA).
- Cosmic Evolution Survey with HST (COSMOS)
Cosmic Evolution Survey with HST (COSMOS) is an HST Treasury Project to survey a 2 square degree equatorial field with the ACS camera. Data from VLA, HST, Spitzer, and many other observatories are now available to the public.
More Data Sets
- Balloon-borne Large Area Submillimeter Telescope (BLAST)
BLAST is a 2-m balloon-borne submillimeter telescope that conducted the first wide-area submillimeter surveys at wavelengths 250-500 microns on two long-duration flights in 2005 and 2006.
- BOLOCAM Lockman Hole Survey (BOLOCAM)
A deep 1.1 mm survey using Bolocam of the Lockman Hole, producing a map and galaxy candidate list.
- BOLOCAM Galactic Plane Survey (BOLOCAM_GPS)
The Bolocam Galactic Plane Survey (BGPS) is a 1.1 mm continuum survey of the Galactic Plane made using Bolocam on the Caltech Submillimeter Observatory. The BGPS coverage totals 170 square degrees (with 33" FWHM effective resolution).
- Bulge Radial Velocity Assay (BRAVA)
Spectral data from the BRAVA Contributed Data Set: near-IR spectra and catalogs.
- Infrared Telescope in Space (IRTS)
IRTS is a cryogenically cooled, small infrared telescope that flew from March - April in 1995. It surveyed approximately 10% of the sky with a relatively wide beam during its 20 day mission. Four onboard instruments - 2 spectrometers and 2 cameras - made simultaneous observations of the sky at wavelengths ranging from 1 to 1000 um.
- Midcourse Space Experiment (MSX)
Ten months of the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization satellite mission were devoted to mid-infrared observations with a solid hydrogen-cooled telescope. This instrument had five line-scanned focal plane arrays that spanned the spectral region from 4.2 to 26 µm. In the Galactic plane, some areas are available both as standard mosaics and from higher sensitivity images. Images of galaxies, star-forming regions out of the Galactic plane, and Infrared Astronomical Satellite (IRAS) Gap regions are also available.
- Multiwavelength Survey by Yale-Chile (MUSYC)
Image data from the MUSYC Contributed Data Set: near-IR and optical image mosaics and catalogs.
- NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database Image Data Atlas (NED)
The NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database (NED) is built around a master list of extragalactic objects for which cross identifications of object names and positions are established using data published in journal articles and survey catalogs covering all wavelengths. NED's image archive focuses on unique FITS images acquired from authors of journal articles, but also includes cut-outs from very large sky surveys such as 2MASS and the Digitized Sky Survey.
- NASA Exoplanet Science Institute - PTI & KI Public Data (NExScI_PTI_KI)
NASA Exoplanet Science Institute (NExScI) has made available a database of observations from the Palomar Testbed Interferometer (PTI), covering over 700 nights and over 1000 targets, as well as the first set of Keck Interferometer (KI) visibility mode data, containing over 45 science targets. These data can be accessed using spatial search queries.
- Spectra from the ISO Short Wavelength Spectrometer (SWS)
Infrared Space Observatory (ISO) Spectra from the Short Wavelength Spectrometer (SWS). Atlas serves a uniform catalog of SWS spectra derived from valid, full-scan, 2.4-45.4 micron spectra available in the ISO archive. These spectra are accompanied by the paper by Sloan et al. (2003).
- MAST Scrapbook Sources (Scrapbook)
The Multimission Archive at Space Telescope (MAST) Spectral/Image Scrapbook is designed to allow users to take a quick look at sample data in the MAST archive of a particular astronomical object of interest. It is set up here as an interoperability project between IRSA and MAST.