Spitzer Science Center
Michelson Science Center
The CS14 SOC specifically invites the community to propose splinter
sessions on current hot topics. Proposals for splinter sessions can be made by
individuals or groups of individuals. At this time, we are planning that
six to eight splinter sessions can be accommodated in
our schedule, but this number may change in the future.
Any splinter session proposal should include the following:
- One page summary of the goal of the session
- List of participants, panelists etc. who agree to come to the session
- Format suggestion that includes a description on how the audience will
- The proposed duration of the session (1.5 hrs or 3 hrs)
- Commitment to contribute a summary of the session for the proceedings
Deadline for splinter session proposals is May 15, 2006. Please submit
proposals by mailing a plain text file to
email@example.com with the subject line 'Splinter Session Proposal'.
We plan to announce accepted splinter sessions by the end of June 2006.
Participants willing to contribute in the splinter sessions must make
arrangements directly with the convenor.
Topics which have been suggested in SOC deliberations of the schedule to date
include (no one has been assigned to these; feel free to propose for these or
entirely new topics):
- The fundamental properties of low mass stars
- Stellar ages
- Evolved star winds, mass-loss, dust signatures
- Solar/stellar modeling; comparison to observations
- Imaging of stars
- Disk evolutionary timescales; planet formation/migration
- Stellar activity cycles
- Jets in pre- and post-MS
- Thoughts/plans for future "stellar" SMEX/midex missions
For more information, please see our schedule or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.